Program Specialist – Kauai Part Time 20 hours
· Receives Registry applications and necessary supporting documentation. Under the direction of the Registry Specialist II, assesses applications for completeness and functions as a liaison between Registry Specialists and practitioners to assist and counsel practitioners in obtaining or updating their Childcare Registry.
· Provides career counseling, technical assistance, and professional development information for practitioners.
· Counsels practitioners on available training opportunities and professional development programs as a way to enhance work performance and support career development goals as well as community resources as a way to enhance work performance and support career development goals.
· Performs outreach duties and career counseling sessions promoting and informing the public and practitioners of the Childcare Registry.
· Completes monthly Registry log and submit to Registry Specialist II by the 3-business day of the following month.
· Receives requests from participants and enrolls them in PATCH classes
· Inputs and maintains participant information, class event information, and participant and trainer evaluations into the training database and constant contact.
· Prepares current materials for training classes from SharePoint and ensures all the necessary materials for each class are available for trainers’ use.
· Ensures that upcoming classes have the necessary fliers, handouts, and supplies.
· Associates degree in early childhood education or related field.
· Previous experience working in a Group Childcare Center or related area.
· Experience interacting in diverse communities.
Preschool Open Doors Program Specialist – Oahu Full Time 40 hours
.Responsible for processing and verifying income eligibility for clients who apply for Preschool Open Doors.
.Accessing the DHS database and processing payments to the schools or families who qualify.
.Preparing statistical reports and assisting in daily supervision and implementation of POD casework.
· Associates degree in early childhood education, human services, family resources or related field, or a minimum of five years’ case management.
· One year of experience in early childhood education or care field or related.
· One year of supervisory experience preferred.
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday; duties may require occasional overtime and weekend hours