Kalamapi’i Play School - Teacher’s Assistant / Teacher Hilo
Do you work in early childhood education? We are Kalamapi’i PLAY School and looking to round out the teaching team and you may be a fit. Are you PATCH credentialed as a Teacher Assistant or teacher? We would love to hear from you.
Kalamapi’i Play School
55 Ululani St Hilo, HI 96720
Company Phone Number:
Patch Credentialed Teacher or Teacher’s Assistant
Executive Director – The Early School Oahu FT
The Early School seeks applications for the role of Executive Director.
The Early School creates a space in which children ages eighteen months to six years feel safe to explore, learn and conquer new challenges, follow their curiosity and build a foundation of social
and communication skills. The Early School’s use of emergent curricula m allows the teachers’ and students’ individual strengths and interests to shine. Our play-based approach engages children’s own intrinsic motivation and readiness, enhances social development, and develops self-directed, self-confident learners who feel that their voice matters.
While the Executive Director is ultimately responsible for the development and administration of the preschool and infant/toddler program, The Early School’s lateral organizational structure
ensures constant collaboration, support, and coordination between the teachers, staff and administration.
The Executive Director reports to The Early School Board of Directors.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Collaborative leadership style and spirit
- Capacity to maintain, build and envision a progressive early childhood program for today and tomorrow’s students, teachers and families
- Superior writing, verbal and communication skills both in-person and on-line
- At least 5 years experience teaching and/or leading in an early childhood education environment
- Bachelor degree, preferably in childhood education or other educational field
- NAEYC certification, first aid/CPR and/or other ETCE certification
- PATCH registry Director classification
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning and support the implementation of an educational program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the school
- Developing engaged and responsive relationships with students, parents, faculty and staff
- Overseeing the daily, monthly and long term fiscal management of the organization
- Serving as principal advocate for the organization in the community
- Ensuring student, faculty and staff health and safety in compliance with all Hawaii Department of Human Services and Hawaii Department of Health requirements and regulations
- Hiring and training faculty and staff to ensure the day to day and long term operations of the school
- Overseeing the recruitment and admissions process for new and returning students
- Ensuring that all annual reporting is completed on time and in full
How to Apply:
First, read our website so you understand our mission, values, and philosophy.
Then prepare and submit the following:
- Resume stating your qualifications and relevant experience (maximum 3 pages)
- Cover letter/ Statement of interest that answers the question “Why are you an excellent fit for the role of Director at The Early School?”. Limit your submissions to no longer than one
single-spaced page, or the equivalent.
Submit these items via email, as attachments or links (in user-friendly formats), to email@example.com.
Preschool Teacher - Pukalani, Maui Full time
Carden Academy of Maui is an independent private school serving students from Pre – K through 8th Grade in Pukalani.
Carden Academy is seeking a full-time teacher for a 3-year-old program for the 2022-23 school year. The teacher will serve a group of 12 preschool students. The ideal teacher will have a passion for early childhood and an understanding of the Carden Method in addition to successful experience teaching in an early learning program.
Carden Academy is expanding our current Pre-K program to include a separate three-year-old preschool classroom beginning the 2022-23 school year. The teacher will assist with designing, planning and preparing all aspects of the new program to include classroom setup, ordering, admissions and more. Start date to be determined.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, ideal; Master’s degree preferred;
- PATCH Certified as a teacher or director;
- Child Development Associate (CDA) for Preschool Credential accepted;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a lead teacher or director in a preschool program
- Knowledge and experience with Carden-inspired curriculum, ideal
Additional Teacher Qualifications:
- Proven ability to design an early learning classroom environment, to create emergent curriculum, and develop documentation to share specifics of programmatic work for children age 3 years to 4;
- Ability to regularly assess students and develop lessons that align with a developmentally appropriate program for children aged 3 to 4;
- Ability to manage, assess, and articulate classroom needs for resources and programmatic growth;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to constructively collaborate with colleagues and parents;
- A love for young children, flexibility, and a sense of humor are required;
- Applicants should be familiar with basic use of technology devices (MacBooks, iPads, etc.) and use of Microsoft Office applications, Google applications, various cloud-based services (Zoom, SeeSaw, FACTS SIS, etc.)
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds;
- Must be able to move comfortably around a classroom and outdoor playground space, accessing materials and assisting students as needed.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume or CV to Jacqueline Neal, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-discriminatory Statement: Carden Academy of Maui admits students of any race, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, and cultural origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or cultural origin in the administration of our educational policies and practices, or other school administered programs.
Carden Academy does not discriminate against persons with disabilities on the basis of their disability. We provide children and parents with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in our programs and services with minor adjustments or accommodations, in compliance with Hawaii State Law and the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act.